We are proud of our five-star building and are always working to make updates with innovative equipment, the best resources and aesthetic design. We are also proud to be an American Healthcare Bronze Quality Award Winner. We are a not-for-profit organization managed by our board of directors.
Here are a few more details:
- Our modern, 132-bed nursing home opened in 2002
- We are located within the city limits of Columbia
- We are part of a community that values education and hosts many colleges and universities, including Stephens College, Columbia College, and the University of Missouri
- We have many research and training partnerships with the University of Missouri, including the Department of Human Development and Family Science as well as the schools of medicine, nursing, social work, health professions and more
- There are five neighborhoods – Cherry Hill, Elm Estates, Walnut Grove, Oak Terrace and Maple Lane
- We have a therapeutic garden, three private neighborhood parks and a large central park area for visiting, gardening and an occasional music festival
- Pets are not just welcomed but encouraged!
Good food is the foremost foundation for good health, providing nutrition for our bodies and nourishment for our souls. We focus on providing an experience that is both is flavorful and pleasing.
- Our experienced and talented dining staff prepares meals in a fully-equipped commercial kitchen
- There is a main dining room plus three homelike, neighborhood dining areas
- Specially trained staff is available for anyone needing extra assistance
- Quality menu items and delicious entrees are served daily, with themed menus for special events and holidays
- Soft serve ice cream is always available, because who doesn’t want ice cream?
- Our registered dietitian is available for consultation, matching taste preferences with food choice recommendations that maximize heath
Our staff is what makes The Bluffs experience different, going out of their way every day to connect and build lasting relationships that make the days bright.
- We hire cheerful, qualified staff who are experienced, licensed and certified in their respective areas
- Our many long-tenured employees provide consistency and stability
- We partner with other local, not-for-profits who support clients by finding gainful employment opportunities
- Our people at all levels of the organization are passionate, caring and happy to be here
It is rewarding to be a part of the recovery process for people who have experienced a major medical event and are now on the road back to independence. Our personalized approach is designed to help them get home sooner.
- We have rehabilitation specialists for physical, speech and occupational therapy
- Therapy is available up to seven days a week
- Our fully-equipped rehabilitative gym is on-site
- We utilize innovative equipment such as anti-gravity treadmills and revolutionary balance systems
- Our Wellness Club offers opportunities to maintain health through therapists as personal trainers
- Outpatient rehabilitation services are also available
Home at The Bluffs is more than a place to hang your hat. We encourage everyone to decorate as they like, adding the items that are most meaningful.
- We offer 44 private rooms and 29 semi-private suites
- We offer 10 semi-private companion rooms
- All rooms include cable and wi-fi
- Phone hook-ups are available for anyone who chooses to establish landline phone service
- We are happy to paint rooms whatever color feels most like home
From traditional to modern, for introverts and extroverts – celebrations of life at The Bluffs offer diverse opportunities to match all sorts of interests and backgrounds.
- We offer a wide variety of daily recreation and events, posted to our monthly calendar
- Enjoy art, music and culinary experiences, gardening, indoor and outdoor games, exercise classes and chapel and religious services
- Traditional recreation includes arts and crafts, piano sing-alongs and movie nights
- Special events include music festivals, food truck visits and children’s reading and music time
- Community outings are offered with provided transportation
- We welcome the community to join us for all celebrations and events
Our memory care neighborhood is comfortable and cozy with a focus on interactions that enhance mood, memory and promote overall health and well-being. Therapy is specifically designed to provide quality life experiences.
- We have room for 16 in our Alzheimer’s and dementia neighborhood
- The area is a self-contained, secure unit with separate dining and recreational areas
- Our care specialists are trained in the most up-to-date treatment for Alzheimer’s and dementia care
- We utilize a low rate of anti-psychotic drugs
- A certified dementia care mapper is on staff
- All beds are equipped with adjustable high/low hospital quality beds (without side rails)
- We utilize top-quality wander management and door security systems