The good news is, rehabilitation means you are on the road back to independence – and we are excited to be a part of your journey! Our post-acute and rehabilitation specialists in physical, speech and occupational therapy utilize a personalized approach designed to speed recovery.
Ingredients for Recovery
Good rehabilitation care is a comprehensive process that includes much more than physical work. At The Bluffs, we provide extensive clinical services as part of our holistic post-acute and rehabilitation therapy, so you can feel confident and optimistic about your recovery efforts. You’ll find that we have everything you need for therapy right here on site, including:
- Advanced physical therapy equipment
- On-site therapeutic gym
- Anti-gravity treadmills
- Revolutionary balance systems
You will also have access to our wide range of clinical services and post-acute care:
- Respiratory therapy
- Cognitive therapy
- IV therapy
- Nutritional consultation and management
- Fall management and balance training
- Pain management
- Medication management
- Wound care
- Urinary incontinence and pelvic floor retraining
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Orthopedic rehabilitation
- Dysphagia (swallowing) therapy
- Dysphasia (communication) therapy
What to Bring
Because your day will include movement and therapy treatments, you’ll want to bring clothes from home that are comfortable and easy to put on and take off. Labeling clothes is recommended, and we have markers or labelers to help you with that. Recommended clothing and other items to bring include:
- Shirts with buttons in the front or that can be easily pulled over the head
- Comfortable pants (some prefer sweatpants or lounge pants)
- Non-skid shoes with good support
- Pajamas, robe, house shoes
- Personal grooming items and products (toothbrush, comb, deodorant, etc.)
- Other necessities (dentures, glasses, etc.)
We’ll also need some important paperwork for your check-in. Please bring a driver’s license or photo identification as well as all insurance cards.
The Place to Heal
Rehabilitation and post-acute care at The Bluffs means you will be able to focus on working your recovery in an atmosphere that provides comfort and needed rest. Enjoy all the amenities available throughout our neighborhoods, including three home-cooked meals a day and a wide variety of life enrichment activities. Your personal social worker will help with home safety assessments as well as your transition back to independence, and is happy to work in conjunction with friends and family involved in this transition.
We welcome you to visit and meet our staff. Contact us to find a time that best fits your schedule.